In consultation with Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Inc. (TDI), the National Association of the Deaf (NAD), the American Council of the Blind (ACB), the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), and the Technology Access Program (TAP) at Gallaudet University, the TLPC and our sister Communications and Technology Law Clinic (CTLC) at Georgetown Law developed an overview of critical technology accessibility priorities for a new administration at the Federal Communications Commission. The overview encourages the transition team and the FCC to:
- Prioritize accessibility in agency leadership;
- Relocate the Disability Rights Office to a new Office of Civil Rights;
- Address videoconferencing accessibility problems in response to the pandemic;
- Get the Real-Time Text transition back on track;
- Bolster video programming accessibility; and
- Improve the accessibility of wireless handsets.